1. Is this acting or animation?
I think this is both acting and animation, because without the actors the facial expressions and humanly movements wouldn't be possible, and the detail would be less detail in the animation. It is also animation because the characters are created graphically, and not using the actors' faces and bodies, so that they're not fully acting, just detailed parts and movements.
2. Do you think that animated characters should be eligible for acting awards?
I do not think single animated characters would be eligible for acting awards, as they don't fully act out scenes, but the show or movie they are in could win awards, which would be shared with the actors.
3. Do you think that human actors will ever become obsolete?
It's possible, because as technology advances, they might find a way to show movement and details without human actors, or make things look like human actors but they're actually digital. It's also possible that many shows will keep using human actors, as they can do somethings that technology can't do.
I agree with what you said about shows continuing to use human actors, since they can do certain things that technology can't do. I believe that, without human actors, we wouldn't have been able to discover the technology that allowed James Cameron to create Avatar. Human actors are still behind the actions that their characters made, but they are edited into something else.
ReplyDelete