BP logo 286 on flickr.com
Greenpeace UK
1. Describe the logo using the language of the elements of the principles of design.
The logo is made up of shades of green and yellow curved parallelograms, forming a floral shape. From the center of the floral shape seeps black oil, representing the oil spill from the disaster.
2. Describe the symbols used in the image. Why did the artist use these symbols?
There is a floral shape, which is the logo of British Petroleum. In the center there is oil coming from the logo, where the meaning is that British Petroleum didn't do their job properly, and leaked millions of litres into the ocean, causing animals in the ocean to be covered in oil and causing death, and polluting the ocean.
3. What does this logo say of BP's identity?
This logo shows that BP caused a lot of damage to the ocean, some damage was irreversible, and it took much too long to stop the oil from pouring into the ocean. BP proved that oil transporting over the ocean wasn't safe, as something disastrous like this could happen without a warning.

I like your choice of logo because of the fact that it has an oil spillage in the middle, which really points out the main point of why they had a logo contest in the first place. Your explanation seems accurate and descriptive and I would've thought of the same thing if I had to describe your logo.
ReplyDeleteWhat's up Wei? I like this blog post because of the choice of your logo. I like this interesting logo and the information that follows it. Your explanation is good and accurate. I like your post and you blog. Good job on this blog entry Wei.
ReplyDelete